Physiotherapy is a health profession that can assess, diagnose, and treat conditions of the human body including pain, disability and movement dysfunction.
Physiotherapy is suitable for all ages and a wide range of health conditions. Treatment can help you with physical rehabilitation, injury prevention, fitness, general health and well-being.
What Conditions can be treated?
What to expect?
At True Balance Physio we offer extended initial appointments to provide you with an accurate
diagnosis, high quality treatment and an individual plan to achieve your goals.
Treatment usually involves a combination of hands-on therapy, education, and individual exercise prescription in your preferred setting. This may include conventional strength or corrective exercises and we may also integrate Yoga and Clinical Pilates principles if appropriate.
You will feel inspired, supported, and confident that you have the tools to manage your condition with ease. We look forward to working with you to achieve your individual health goals, whether it is working in the garden, lifting your baby, or returning to sport.
“Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
You do not require a GP referral to see a private physiotherapist unless you are a under a Medicare Chronic Disease Management plan or a DVA client.
Medicare rebates are only available if you have a GP referral for a Chronic Disease Management Plan. You can access a rebate on up to 5 allied health sessions in a calendar year.
Yes, we have Hicaps facility onsite. Please bring your private health insurance
Home visits are considered on an individual basis depending on availability and
your individual circumstances/location. Please enquire via email or phone.
- If you have any medical reports or imaging (ultrasound, x-ray, CT/MRI) that are relevant to your condition please bring to your appointment.
- If you would like to claim a private health insurance rebate then please bring your card to claim with HICAPs.
- If you have a GP referral with Medicare Chronic Disease Management plan
then please bring your medicare card and all paperwork to your appointment.
Initial appointments are between 50-60 mins, follow up appointments are 30-45 mins depending on the complexity of your condition.
Please wear comfortable clothing that you can move freely in.
- All physiotherapy assessments involve taking a detailed verbal history of your condition.
- Your physiotherapist may initially observe your movement patterns (e.g. walking, posture, squatting, specific exercise). She will then look at specific joint movements or muscle tests.
Yes. There is onsite parking and wheelchair access.
Please provide 24 hours’ notice if you need to cancel your appointment. A
cancellation fee of $50 will be charged if adequate notice is not provided.